This demo use Accelometer Class for gravity. If you have android device, you can try Android version.
I create flash demo with Papervision3D and Stardust – as3 particle engine. Stardust supports 2D and 3D and easy to extend.
- demo (Flash Player 9)
Three demo of learning is posted at wonderfl. Source code and demo is here.
This is Papervision3D 2.1 demo. I try to run faster flat shading.
Main logic is these steps.
 make Array of BitmapData as chache
 check z-axis of all faces
 calculate radian between z-axis of face and z-axis of target direction
 replace bitmap from cache data depend on radian.
I make pv3d demo with BetweenAS3 which is fastest tween library. It’s possible to slice or scale tween instance with BetweenAS3. We can make “time strech motion”.
- demo (require Flash Player 10)
And you can get source code in wonderfl.
I made 3 demo for comparing with Away3D , Alternativa3D and Papervision3D.
- Away 3D : demo ( source ) : 240 Spheres
- Alternativa3D : demo ( source ) : 50 Spheres
- Papervision3D : demo ( other aritcle ) : 525 Spheres
It is difficult for me to judge whether the performance is the highest. Because there are various factors such as achievement or speed.
However, I can be judged that Papervision3D speed is faster than Away3D and Alternativa3D, as long as this demo is looked.
- HLab : [AS3] CS4 vs Papervision3D vs Away3D
- TG BLOG : White Rooms – Papervision3D and Away3D
- Big Spaceship | Labs Blog – 3D vs. 3D
- ricardo cabello* blog* Away3D vs Papervision3D (performance-wise)*